CAN Bus System Fundamentals
The purpose of this course is to introduce the student to the CAN Bus system, the components of the CAN Bus system, and basic diagnostics utilizing the CAN Bus system as they apply to machines in the construction, agriculture, and outdoor power equipment industries. CAN is short for Controller Area Network and Bus is short for Binary Unit System. This course assumes that the student has minimal knowledge of CAN Bus systems and a basic knowledge of electricity. It is recommended that the Almon Basic Electrical course is completed prior to this course. The concepts in this course are presented in a progressive manner.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the benefits of a CAN Bus system
- Identify the components of a CAN Bus system
- Understand the inputs and outputs of a CAN Bus system
- Understand basic CAN Bus system diagnostics
- Your ability to view this course in Navigator may be determined by prerequisite completion or curriculum availability. Visit Navigator for more information.